Google has, over the years, become a large part of our daily lives. We depend on Google products and services to navigate our environment, gain fast hand information and the tap of a screen and many more ways. But when is Google's official birthday?
Every year, Google celebrates its birthday on a day of its choosing, either September 15 or September 4. Both dates are technically correct.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin began Google under the name Backrub in 1996. They were both students at Stanford University in California.
- Sergey Brin was born in Moscow, Soviet Union, to a Russian and part Jewish family. Lawrence Page was born in Michigan in a Jewish family with computer science professors for relatives.
- The domain name google.com was officially registered on September 15, 1997.
- The current CEO of Google is Sundar Pichai, an Indian-American who is also the CEO of Alphabet Inc.
- Alphabet Inc. was the parent company for Google and other subsidiaries of Google before the restructuring.
- Today Google controls over 92% of the world's search engine market.
- Lawrence and Sergey offered to sell Google to AltaVista for 1 million dollars, but their offer was declined.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOOGLE!
I commend the innovation of the two friends. I appreciate their efforts and dedication.
Happy Birthday Google!