The beautiful and talented Robin Williams passed away on August 11, 2014. Best known for his comedic work in films such as Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, and Aladdin, Robin Williams is one of the most influential and admired actors of all time.
Robin was born to Laurie McLaurin and Robert Fitzgerald Williams on July 21, 1951, in Chicago. Robin Williams spent his youth in Robbins, Illinois, with a large extended family whom he highly valued during later life.
Facts About Robin Williams:
- Robin Williams, one of the most influential and admired actors of all time, died at 63.
- Robin Williams was married three times, first to Valerie Velardi, then to the couple's nanny Marsha Garces, and finally to graphic designer Susan Schneider. While he and Susan don't have any children together, Williams has fathered three children between Velardi and Garces.
- His sudden death was caused by apparent suicide at his Paradise Cay, California home. Robin Williams's personal assistant broke into Robin's room after he failed to respond to knocks.
- His autopsy showed an undiagnosed and progressive form of Lewy body disease. Lewy body disease is a progressive type of dementia. It is very common, coming in second just behind Alzheimer’s disease. People with Lewy disease often experience symptoms similar to Parkinson’s disease with added hallucinations and mood changes.
- Robin Williams's death was shocking because he had such a vast and loyal fan base.
- In the past nine years, Robin Williams had appeared in more than 40 films and more than 200 TV shows.
- He was an actor who gave his all for everything he did, attaining his status as one of the best actors of his generation.
- President Barack Obama released a statement on the death of Robin Williams. He said that he was saddened by the end of Robin Williams, who had been one of his favorite actors. President Obama also praised Robin Williams for his artistry and talent.
10. True or False: Robin Williams suffered from depression since his childhood.
Explanation: Robin Williams suffered from depression starting at a young age. He struggled with depression through his teenage years and early adulthood.